When I first started teaching my market to table cooking classes in Florence, I had already spent 4 years shopping the markets, cooking to perfect recipes and eating.
What's not to love?
Every trip to the market is a new experience for me. Season fruits and vegetables, strange "offal", eavesdropping on conversations and picking up new recipes. The markets are my school.
Now over 20 years later, I adore sharing the market in my Monday at the Market sessions.
I get a chance to share what I have learned over the years and introduce my market vendors to people that are curious and love food. Without the stress of running back to cook- we meander the isles, stopping and tasting as we go.
More time to enjoy conversations and really get a full immersion into what life is like here.
Of course, we also include some shopping in the outdoor market where my friend/vendors pass on the same prices I would get to my clients. That is getting a great deal!
See, Shop and Savor- soon I will have a down-loadable file online for sale, with my secrets on eating, drinking, shopping and also museums!
meanwhile don't forget I also have recipes on Food Connect , I linked to the parmesan chips I adore making and having with a lovely prosecco- try them at your next party.
Do you twitter??? I do to @divinacucina
See you here.... or there!
Here is where I will be teaching in April on the West Coast.
- Cook with Judy in the United States!
- ♦ April 17 Cooking class at Cavallo Point, Sausalito CA
- ♦ April 18 In Terry's Kitchen in Lafayette, CA
- ♦ April 23 Guest chef at 18 Reasons, San Francisco
- ♦ April 28 Sizzleworks- Bellevue Washington
- ♦ April 29 Cooking Class at Cook's, Pots & Tabletops, Eugene, OR
- ♦ May 1 Book signing at Rancho Gordo, Napa, CA
- ♦ May 2 Private session in Lafayette, CA